Friday, October 3, 2008

small plate large serving

Here's my morning entry because I'm avoiding studying.

Why am I avoiding studying?

Simply because I am overwhelmed.

I find that when I'm overwhelmed I just feel like shutting down. When I'm stressed out everything seems wrong and nothing seems appealing. Not that studying is really appealing but the grade after studying is appealing.

I'm just realizing now how much I am actually stressing. It's a really weird feeling to me, I've never been one to stress. I've always been the laid back, relaxed, "everything's going to be ok" type of girl. Yet here I am writing a blog about essentially nothing all in an attempt to de-stress.

There could be a number of possibilities of why I am so stressed out, or rather why I am finding myself a lot more stressed than I have ever been in my life. I kind of feel like I have way to much on my plate, but there's nothing I can do to make it lighter. I just have to suck it up and eat what's been put in front of me.

Reminds me of when I was in England and they give you these ginormous (side note: isn't it funny that ginormous is actually a word in the dictionary? There's no red underline telling me it's wrong... strange...) servings of food, mostly carbohydrates. The food was good, pretty typical but the servings were just too much, and you couldn't leave food on your plate because that would be rude. Hence why we all came back heavier than when we left. Anyways life has given me a ginormous serving and I just have to continue to live it because there is no other choice.

Despite my stress I'm still enjoying it all. I just wish I knew how to motivate myself to keep going instead of avoiding.

Till next week...

No comments: